At Synermetric we are great fans of transparency and the sharing of knowledge. It governs how we run our business inside and out. It's why we strive to work in partnership with our clients, and why we release our eBooks full of expert articles for free. In the 'Behind the scenes' series we aim to give you a clear view into how our company operates and the founding principles that guide our decisions.
In this third installment, Product Manager Ruth Gibson explains Synermetric's emphasis on expertise and experience, and how we're able to share our 'expert support' with you.
What do you mean by ‘expert support’?
We recognise that people come to us with varying needs and knowledge around psychometric products. We offer expert support so that we can respond to these diverse needs appropriately. Our aim is to always look after our clients and their projects to ensure they get the best result. Your business is important to us and we want to make sure you are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to deliver the best results.
Since we have a long history in psychometric assessment and organisational development, we have many contacts and expert experience that could be of great use to you. That’s why wherever you require help with your projects, Synermetric experts are on hand to assist.
Can you give us some examples of your expert support services?
Within Synermetric’s expert support we include a range of services under the headings of advisory support and expert consultation.
Advisory support covers advice on:
- Psychometric assessment procedures: this is helpful for those who are new to using psychometrics or implementing a new project or programme. It is also useful for those who are used to using psychometrics in one particular area (such as recruitment) but want to know how the data can be utilised in other areas, for example development.
- Feedback services: when delivering a large programme it can sometimes be a stretch to ensure there are enough trained practitioners to provide feedback on reports. We have internal and external experts who can help when extra resources are needed. Our experts are all knowledgeable in the areas of psychology and psychometric assessment. Many also have coaching qualifications.
- Validation studies: if you want to validate the work you are doing with psychometric assessments and to understand at the correlations between the data and performance in the job, we can do this for you.
We provide expert consultation on:
- Project design and management: We are experienced in designing and managing projects which include psychometric assessments. We can provide this expertise to your business and advise on best practice use to optimise your effectiveness.
- Branding: Many of our psychometric products can be branded to fit your organisation. Just ask us how.
- Job modelling for recruitment: we can make sure that the assessments you are using for recruitment are tailored to the roles you are looking to fill.
- Questionnaire design for surveys: We have expertise to share in survey design and implementation.
- Competency development and mapping: We have mapped many assessments to competencies and mapped assessments to tools such as Propel. If you are developing a competency model or fitting a tool to your system, we can help.
For those who require more in-depth expertise about a particular assessment, application, or topic, we can call on our network of Experts. Our Experts cover the full spectrum of talent management knowledge. We are very proud of our relationships with them, and we publish an eBook twice a year to share their knowledge and thought leadership.
[Editor’s note: Our next eBook is out on 17th December. To make sure that you don’t miss it, sign up for our mailing list here.]
Who are these Experts?
Our Experts are all qualified and experienced psychologists with expertise in psychometric assessments, including in-depth knowledge of numerous areas of talent management. I’ll introduce a handful of our experts below, and you can see more of them published in our eBooks.
- Dr Tom Janz, Chief Scientist at People Assessments. Tom has expertise in validation of assessments, talent sourcing, assessment, and development.
- Nigel Evans, Chartered Psychologist and Specialist in Test Use. Nigel is a recognised expert in psychometrics and holds the highest occupational test registration issued by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Dr Mark Slaski, Chartered Psychologist. Mark has expertise in leadership development, coaching, team integration, change management, resilience, and employee engagement. He is a member of the EI Consortium, a unique body of international researchers dedicated to the research and application of emotional intelligence in organisations.
- Dr Fiona Beddoes-Jones, Business Psychologist and Organisational Development Specialist. Fiona specialises in the areas of leadership and management development, learning styles, teamwork, coaching, and improving people’s thinking quality.
For more information on our experts and how they can assist you please contact us.
How do we access Synermetric’s expert support services?
It’s simple! Just email or call the team at Synermetric and let us know your requirements. We will then match your needs with the most appropriate individual. If fees are required for specific services, we will quote for any work in advance. Our goal is to help connect our community and raise the quality of everyone’s experience – so please don’t hesitate to ask us your questions.
As Business Psychologist and Product Manager at Synermetric Ltd, Ruth Gibson uses her passion for psychology, assessments, and people development to curate a powerful and complementary range of psychometric assessments and tools. She develops Synermetric’s relationships with leading authors, and provides clients with training and advice on how to utilise their tools for optimum effect.
Do you have more questions about expert support? Suggestions for contributors, or interested in working with an Expert? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to ask Ruth directly.
Also make sure to read the previous posts in the 'Behind the scenes' series: Integrations and Catalogue.